Roland GP-6 Digital Piano
The mid-level GP-6 offers premium GP features in a luxurious baby grand cabinet that brings a sense of sophistication to every space. Elegant curves and finely crafted details deliver the unmistakable presence of a fine acoustic grand, while the advanced technologies inside deliver the touch, tone, and sound projection to match. You also get a world of modern benefits that flow with today’s lifestyles, including low-maintenance operation, onboard learning tools, Bluetooth® connectivity, and much more.
Explore the premium features and advanced technologies of the Roland GP series.
- Premium baby grand piano with an elegant high-gloss finish and finely crafted details
- Designed with Roland’s advanced Piano Reality approach for a refined musical experience
- Piano Reality Premium modeling sound engine provides authentic grand piano sound and response with unlimited polyphony
- Piano Reality Premium keyboard with progressive hammer action, escapement, and hybrid wood/molded keys with Ivory Feel
- Accelerated key sensing technology for ultra-detailed touch response
- Precision-crafted sustain, soft, and sostenuto pedals with continuous detection, damper modeling, and support for traditional techniques
- Piano Reality Premium Projection sound system with five speakers, discrete amplification, advanced sonic processing, and premium audio components
- Smart touch panel with intuitive icons and switchable backlighting
- Low-maintenance design that never needs tuning
- Connect a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth to play along with favorite songs and work with MIDI music apps
- Control GP-6 features, explore lessons, and more with the companion Roland Piano App
- Advanced metronome, recorder, and dual headphones jacks for daily practice
- USB ports for connecting with computers and flash storage devices
- Available in ebony and polished white finishes
Classic Elegance, Streamlined
With its striking design and flowing curves, the GP-6 brings you majestic piano luxury in a reduced footprint compared to a larger grand piano. And while the size may be streamlined, you still get the no-compromise performance of a full-scale instrument. Like an acoustic grand, there’s a top lid that opens for broader sound projection and a retractable cover to protect the keys when not in use. Minimalist touch buttons disappear into the panel when the backlighting is turned off, allowing you to maintain the acoustic aesthetic and eliminate distractions while playing.
The GP-6 is built around advanced Roland’s Piano Reality approach, a sophisticated ecosystem of connected technologies comprising the sound engine, keyboard, pedals, audio components, and speakers. Each section is designed to work together flawlessly and transparently, allowing players to experience the purity of this wonderful instrument with unprecedented expression and realism.
Endlessly Inspiring Tone
Piano Reality Premium modeling leverages our latest technologies to recreate every sound-making element of an acoustic piano, putting the living response and complex tonal colors of a concert-class grand under your fingers. And with unlimited polyphony, notes and resonances ring in full detail to translate every musical emotion.
Authentic Grand Playability
The Piano Reality Premium keyboard connects you with the deep musical expression available in the powerful sound engine. Progressive hammer action with escapement provides genuine grand piano touch, coupled with advanced acceleration sensing technology for accurate detection of the subtlest playing nuances. Hybrid wood/molded keys with Ivory Feel materials offer natural balance and rugged durability for years of trouble-free use. High-performance sustain, soft, and sostenuto pedals complete the experience with weighted feel, damper modeling, and support for traditional pedal techniques.
Rich, Enveloping Sound
The GP-6 projects a big acoustic voice from its baby grand cabinet, thanks to the Piano Reality Premium projection sound system. Five speakers, discrete amplification, superior audio circuitry, and advanced sonic processing come together to envelop the space around the instrument with immersive and inspiring tones.
Personalize the Sound and Feel
The GP-6 offers several world-class grand piano sounds that are ready to enjoy. But if you’re an experienced player, you can dive into the onboard Piano Designer tools to further refine the tone and response for your personal touch. Adjust the string tuning and temperament, fine-tune keyboard sensitivity and duplex scaling, shape cabinet resonances, and much more.
Easy Integration with Your Wireless World
With built-in Bluetooth, you can use your favorite mobile devices with the GP-6. Stream songs from your music library through the piano’s speaker system to play along or provide background when relaxing or entertaining. Or use Bluetooth MIDI with music production apps to wirelessly compose using the GP-6’s responsive weighted keyboard. USB ports are also available for connecting with computers and flash storage devices, providing more ways to explore your creativity and share music performances.
Roland Piano App
The Roland Piano App seamlessly extends the GP-6 experience with remote operation from your smartphone or tablet. Select sounds, control the metronome, and use the recording feature to evaluate your playing and hear where you need to improve. Browse the piano’s onboard songs and a growing range of selections on Roland Cloud, and then call up digital scores to learn them at your own pace. And motivate yourself with lesson features that include an activity log with goals, flash card games, rhythm exercises, and a One Week Master program that guides you through learning different piano pieces.
The Digital Advantage
Greatly reduced weight makes the GP-6 far easier to move than any acoustic grand, and there’s no need for professional tuning or other regular maintenance. Volume control is within easy reach, and you can connect headphones to play anytime without disturbing others. The onboard metronome and simple rhythms help develop your sense of timing during daily practice sessions. And with Twin Piano mode, you can split the keyboard into two independent sections and play alongside a family member, friend, or teacher.